EW3O is the controller of these data in accordance with European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR – 2016/679).
Here are a few terms we may use in this document:
- “Personal data” is information relating to you as a living, identifiable individual or company;
- “Processing” means collecting, recording, organizing, using, disclosing, storing and deleting your data.
We are data controller for the data that you share with us as a partner or visitor of our Site.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We only collect personal information that is necessary for a specific purpose or that you provide to us with your consent, based on your clear actions, in relation with a contract or for a legitimate reason:
- Personal and professional contact information such as name, surname, company name, email, website, location, company description, logo;
- Details used for your affiliation;
- Technical information when you visit our Site such as your IP address, previous pages visited, web browser and search criteria entered.
WHY DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA AND USE IT
We may collect and use your personal data for several purposes, including:
- Send you information about our events and programs, based on your affiliation with us;
- Provide you with our newsletter, based on your consent or your affiliation with us;
- Communicate with you about our organization and activities, based on your request or your affiliation;
- Use your information for fundraising, sponsorship and invitations, based on your affiliation;
Contact you for marketing purposes, based on your consent or on our legitimate interest to
expand our business;
For security and maintenance; for reporting; and for risk, dispute and record management based on our legitimate interest.
By becoming a member of EW3O you agree to receive our newsletter. You can opt-out at any time by sending us an email (see OPT-OUT section below).
WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE PERSONAL DATA
We may share your personal data with the following list of recipients:
- The data processing entities acting upon our instructions: hosting or security providers, IT developers, and web analytics tools;
- Authorities and regulatory bodies for legal reasons.
We require such third parties, who may be based outside the country from which you have accessed the Site, to comply with all relevant data protection laws and security requirements in relation to your personal data, usually by way of contract.
At your request and provided there is no legal obligation to keep it, we might delete or anonymize your data from the Site.
HOW DO WE STORE, SECURE AND RETAIN DATA
When the personal data that we collect is no longer required for the given purpose, or for legal requirements, we destroy or delete it in a secure manner.
The personal data of the partners that will be listed on the EW3O public database will be visible to everyone on our website.
PARTICIPATION IN EVENTS
By participating in events organised by EW3O, guests are granting EW3O consent to take videos, photos and sound recordings (the “material”) of the guests during the event. Guests also consent that EW3O reproduce the material them EW3O’s Site, in newsletters and on EW3O’s pages on social medias.
Guests may contact EW3O ahead of the event to object to such use and EW3O will try to find options for the guests not to be filmed or recorded.
If you wish to opt out from our marketing messages, and no longer receive communications or have your data collected by us, please contact us at email@example.com. We will process your request in a timely manner and confirm when it has been completed.
HOW YOU MAY ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND SEEK ITS CORRECTION
You can request access to the personal data we hold about you by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You have the right to tell us if you would like to withdraw your consent, correct, update or delete your personal data in our records. To assist us in dealing with your request, please provide your full name and details.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Please contact us by email at email@example.com or regular mail at European Web3 Organization ASBL, Square Charles-Maurice Wiser 10 bte 22 – 1040 Etterbeek, Brussels, Belgium.
HOW TO COMPLAIN ABOUT OUR PROCESSING OF YOUR DATA
If you feel that your data has been handled incorrectly, or you are unhappy with the way we have dealt with your query regarding the way we use your personal data, you have the right to complain.
You may at any time contact the Data Protection Authority (located at Rue de la Presse 35, 1000 Bruxelles, Belgium; phone: +32 (0)2 274 48 00; fax: +32 (0)2 274 48 35; email: firstname.lastname@example.org).